Oct 23, 2008

you aren't helping!

The color is way off and the part under the light source too bright but maybe you can see why occasionally it is hard to get any "work" done. Skyler has taken to burrowing under the quilts whether they are on the bed or I'm quilting them. He got himself situated just under the hoop and begin gnawing on a safety pin. Once I got the camera out and few shots taken, he moved on.

I found some fabrics for the appliance covers yesterday. I told DJ to drop me off at Hobby Lobby while he went down to Home Depot. We both came home happy with our finds. This morning I drug out the green fabrics that might be suitable for my project. Now I don't feel much like cutting or sewing for our sewing date tomorrow----go figure.

This same quilt still has some machine quilting that needs done on the bands. I started on it and then had to set it aside in favor of the donation quilt stack so it has languished for at least three weeks. I am just hand quilting in the white spaces and SID on the print parts. I think I told you that I would like to give this to DJ for Christmas or our anniversary in January so I guess this could be a "nag" project as well---it is hanging over my head too.

I'll decide in the morning what I want to do for our sewing date--I think you know which way I'm leaning, LOL. Now if I can just convince Skyler to not be so helpful...........

6 comments:

  1. looks like the same kinda help I got today, although mine was here only to help me sleep...which he did very well!

    Pam@
    www.pamgwillim.com
    mycreativemind@pamgwillim.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. we shall see what you feel like in the morning...love how your baptist fan quilting turned out LJ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful quilt you are quilting on there. Love the apple green!

    ReplyDelete
  4. But Skylar is such a cutie! and helpful, too! Your quilting looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is hard to get mad at a cute face like that! He looks so comfortable wrapped in that quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. If you comment will require a reply back, please include your email addy. Unless I am involved in a blog hop, my posts will be moderated and your comment will not appear until I am notified. THX for understanding--this option beats word verification!