Feb 16, 2010

I promised quilt pics

A few pictures from the quilt meeting last week. It was a rainy, cold day and I thought I might be the only one who showed up but the girls surprised me, LOL. Lois' niece who was visiting from Alaska came with her. Another pal who has not been able to come in recent months dropped by with a top for donation even. Since a couple of us needed to make a Hobby Lobby run, we chose the Mexican grill not far from there for lunch. Yummers! Good day and good company in spite of the weather.

The top on the left was made by Aline using a ballerina fabric she found in the donation bin. I love the simple but fun blocks she made for this.

The one to the right is one for donation that Aline's granddaughter made. I can attest to the cuddliness of this one as I quilted it for Leann. The light blue print is flannel and both blues have a cowboy print so it will perfect for a boy, don't you think?


This fan top is also one of Aline's. It was done stack and whack style using a wedge ruler for the cuts. Very striking with the print she used. Gypsy like!


I have a couple of finishes for the week already--woohoo! I did up the February Calendar quilt just in time to hang it for Valentine's Day. Sunday afternoon I quilted up the Sisterhood of Quilters top and took the last stitches in the binding yesterday afternoon. Since I am waiting for the command strips to "set up" for sisterhood, I'll get pictures in a bit and include those in my next post.

I haven't quite decided what to work on today yet but I am leaning on swapping out machines and piecing a bit. Move Cheap Trick/Two of a Kind along a bit or better yet, pull something out of the donation UFO hamper even. That thing is full to the brim so there is no shortage of projects to move along. Since the balance of my quilting life has definitely shifted to my own things, it might be time to put a top or two together. A few things just need sashing or alternate blocks cut, after all.

Till next time then------

1 comment:

  1. Very nicely done, Ladies! Aways a pleasure to *see* the 'belles quilt show :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. If you comment will require a reply back, please include your email addy. Unless I am involved in a blog hop, my posts will be moderated and your comment will not appear until I am notified. THX for understanding--this option beats word verification!