Apr 24, 2010

where I am headed


Remember all those Alex Anderson hearts I was stitching up earlier this year? Well, this weekend Norma and I are going to turn them into a top. Hopefully they will be quilted and ready to hang for Valentine's Day next year. Set a day and just sew, was our plan.

Alex used a triple rail sashing and nine patch blocks in the cornerstone area which just looked too "heavy" to me. I drew up several ideas of what I could use in EQ and shared it with Norma. She picked a different setting block but that's okay. I gave her plenty of options, LOL. I sorta like the pale, pale pink for the background as shown in the drawing but didn't have that on hand. White on white, it is.

Now if I can just get the weather to cooperate so I can keep the sewing machine and computer on for IM powered up. Much of the state is under a watch or warning of some sort today. I hear thunder cracking in the distance but our county is one that is under a tornado watch advisory. This is Talladega NASCAR race weekend too so you know that there is the equivalent of a small city outside and camping in the area. Hope for the best here.

Anyway, I am sewing---and enjoying it!

2 comments:

  1. I love those blocks,very pretty. I think your setting will really set off the blocks and bring out the stitchery.I need to get mine stitched!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the work you did on setting options for our redwork heart blocks! Setting a date to work on these worked splendidly for me once again! I seem to stay on task when we set up these "virtual retreat days". As always, a great day spent with a great quilting friend doing what we love.......Quilting of course!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. If you comment will require a reply back, please include your email addy. Unless I am involved in a blog hop, my posts will be moderated and your comment will not appear until I am notified. THX for understanding--this option beats word verification!