Apr 7, 2010

WIP Wednesday

Another edition of WIP Wednesday---the week are whizzing on by, it seems.

My friend Judy dropped off the queen sized raffle she made for donation that she had asked me to bind for her. I made and applied the binding on Saturday and started stitching. By Monday evening I was done. Back out came the stitchery---April snowman block from Freckles. I am making some progress. I cannot say that I am fond of doing satin stitch nor do I particularly like my results. I will modify some of the remaining eggs to something more textural---like the long-short split stitch I used on the carrot nose. Other than that, I am having fun with this, LOL, which IS the point, after all.

Since I am really not doing too much sewing output these days, I thought you might want to see some of the spring flowers and shrubs around here. Here is a bloom on my husband's pampered lilac bush. I don't think I have ever seen it as loaded with blooms as it is this year and it smells heavenly!

On the way out to the backyard to take this, I noticed that the azalea bushes are starting to come around too. Just a hint of that glorious dark pink/red at this point so I'll wait on those. What I think are lupines are up and my hosta planted near Pippi's gravesite is coming back up.


I couldn't resist taking a picture of the neighbor's dogwood tree while I was out. Driving around you see lots of out there but this is the closest to the house. DJ and I have tried 3 times to grow our own tree with little success. I guess we'll just admire theirs. Ronnie had said that this one came from Mt. Cheeha years ago so I imagine it is the more wild, native and hardy variety.

Yellow pollen is everywhere. I am told it is predominantly from the pine trees. Those with allergies must be miserable but it is all part of spring. We had a couple of days in the 80's--record breaking highs reported in BHM the last two days. Rain is due in tomorrow, they say. So far it is a bit cooler today, thank goodness, with a pleasant breeze blowing. No doubt some of that yellow is coming in the house. I figure that is why there are dust cloths.



Hope that you are having a good day and thanks for stopping by--------

3 comments:

  1. Your Freckles stitcheries are so pretty to me. Spring! I can say...I have a scant 1/4 inch of yellow pollen on my car...right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring has definitely sprung down your way! I can smell those lilacs from here! The bunny is so cute! I can hardly wait to get to that project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pollen, pollen everywhere - even that yellow coating on the dresser top, windows open and fan on makes for busy chore day on Saturday... ah chooo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. If you comment will require a reply back, please include your email addy. Unless I am involved in a blog hop, my posts will be moderated and your comment will not appear until I am notified. THX for understanding--this option beats word verification!