Dec 25, 2010

Merry Christmas y'all!

It is snowing and has been since about 8 this morning. The temps must have been very close to the freezing mark and fluctuating . The ground and bushes were dusted once but it appeared to have melted off at one point but it is covered up now! Almost 5 p.m. and still coming down in big fat flakes.

Now to let you know just how rare this is---our weather guy said that there had not been measurable snow on Christmas day here in central Alabama since the 1800's when they started keeping records of such things. Unbelievable!


I went out to take a few pictures a little bit ago. The gardenia bush branches are getting a little weighted down with the snow. It is that wet heavy kind that is perfect for snowballs or for making a snow ball. I tried to get a picture of the folks across the road who were doing that very thing---the kids were laughing and having a ball out there!


This looks a bit fuzzy but I took out a ruler to see just how much snow has fallen. I poked it into both the yard and several spots on my car---1 inch and counting.

I hope you all have had a wonderful Christmas weekend. DJ and I celebrate ours on Christmas Eve and had our holiday meal at noon. It is quiet here with just the two of us and Skyler. Holidays tend to make me homesick for our families and Illinois but it is just not feasible to be driving back when who knows what kind of weather you would get into between here and there.

If you were fortunate enough to get away to be with family and friends, be safe in your journeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you comment will require a reply back, please include your email addy. Unless I am involved in a blog hop, my posts will be moderated and your comment will not appear until I am notified. THX for understanding--this option beats word verification!