Dec 29, 2010

WIP Weds, wk #52

Ready, set, sew at my house this morning.

Yesterday I pulled fabric for the January Joined at the Hip QOM AKA JATH QOM along with backing and binding for the base and the QOM. You can catch a peek of it in my work area. The pieced sections are all cut out and kitted up as are the appliqued bits.

I am going with a black background though. A search through the plaid and homespun box Monday night yielded no blue stripe to go under the applique word "January". What I did find was two selections in a black that would work. I also have black star fabric in the stash that could be used plus backing options for both the base and the quiltlet. Black, it is then! Shop your stash first, right? I am not seeking to make an exact replica of the picture anyway.

While re-organizing the plaid/homespun box by color groupings the other night, I pulled scraps that would work for the Oxmoor Christmas sampler. I have several courthouse steps and ornaments to foundation piece for it. Also found a square in a square project I had started (wondered where that had gone!) and a pile of cut bricks from a previous donation top. You can call those bricks "seedlings" towards another top, LOL. That box is stuffed to the gills since I came back from a trip to IL with my mom's plaid collection to add to my own. Even though I raided it to make the calendar quiltlets I have barely made a dent in it. The reds and green plaids can used in the Christmas quilt but I definitely should re-visit those two UFOs.

I have been up about an hour and a half now---still schlepping around in my jammies but have pressed both backings and cut binding out for the base unit which I forgot to cut yesterday. As soon as I throw beef stew makings in the crockpot and get dressed I am going to hit the machine. A couple of my FAB buds are off this week so I have company while we work together on our projects.

By New's Year day I will switch gears and pull a project from the UFO drawers. What you do on that day you will do all year long so it has long been a tradition for Wrap Them In Love supporters to sew for Wrap 'Em and commit some of our time and talents to the cause. I was a less active participant this past year, probably a year where I quilted more than I originated again. Seeing as I have been at it since the fall of 99, I was due a little break for personal projects, I would say. I have already established my 2011 goals of emptying out two drawers in new storage unit with UFO/donation project and then a reward. I will put that into practice even if the base and January are NOT finished up or quilted. Hold me to that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you comment will require a reply back, please include your email addy. Unless I am involved in a blog hop, my posts will be moderated and your comment will not appear until I am notified. THX for understanding--this option beats word verification!