Mar 4, 2011

ready to roll.....literally

I feel like I am going to commit a quilt atrocity tomorrow but my scrappy strips are seamed and ready to roll in conjunction with the FAB birthday party tomorrow. I didn't measure to see if had 1600 inches but surely there is enough on that fat roll?? The fabric roll is two inches deep around the toilet paper core. The website says it will finish 48 x 64 but I don't want mine that wide as that means extra backing and maybe piecing batting.




Anyway I met my objectives with this latest cutting project.

  • I can get the lid closed on the 2 1/2 inch strips containers and it is neatened up.
  • Some pretty stuff that I might be able to coordinate with something else I pulled out of there along with some Oriental fabric strips. I know I tucked a few more someplace---no, I don't know what I am going to do with them.
  • I cut for the Faux Log Cabin filling up the pizza box shown on the right.
  • I pulled some fall colored strips that I need to foundation piece a few fall colored log cabin blocks for the Friendship Quilter's guild

I also found a stack of these pickets and stuck some strips in the 2 1/2 inch strip container. I am not sure how that block went together exactly but I believe that the light strips formed a star where they met??? This will involve a little research on my part if I am going to share the vision with whomever these bits came from. I am pretty sure my mom has made one of these in the past so I can ask her. I figured the extra angular cut stuff from that roll can become pickets too, should I be so inclined.

ED note: I found the Picket Fence block----on Alex Anderson's Block Party site HERE

I am not planning on sewing today. After all the cutting, my back and shoulders would be happy for a day's break. I think maybe I will start binding my kitty quilt instead.......or redwork.

I'll see how far I get with the Jelly Roll deal tomorrow and can share a picture of Pam's birthday gift too.

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to tomorrow's Jelly Roll "Race" and Birthday Party. I feel like I used to when I was a kid and I knew I had a friend's birthday party to attend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. If you comment will require a reply back, please include your email addy. Unless I am involved in a blog hop, my posts will be moderated and your comment will not appear until I am notified. THX for understanding--this option beats word verification!