Aug 29, 2011

"Design Area" Monday, wk 36

Yeah, it doesn't look like much, does it? I should have included my pile of string blocks perhaps. I arranged them in rows yesterday but didn't take the project any further. Instead, I downloaded a pile of recipes from myrecipes.com into my cooking software and worked on my green work baskets. (The combo of recipe fox, firefox browser and Mastercook makes this process very easy---click, click, click)



My goals for today include pressing and winding up these two piles of binding, mostly because they are in my way for cutting into that pile of fabric on the left end. The cutting mat is under the pressing board, meaning you do all the pressing tasks before you remove said board to use the mat and rotary cutter jobs. Small jobs cutting jobs I tend to use my 12 x 20 June Taylor press/cut board with the small Olfa mat over cutting surface. June Taylor stuff is too hard and will dull up your rotary blade in no time flat. That's how I roll, LOL.



I have done my calculations about how many strips to cut for the sashing and cornerstone bits for the string quilt. A quick press of the fabrics and I'll be ready to deal with it---and cut more binding, LOL. I may have another top done soon but I will have to pull off the phone book paper after I add the sashing on all four sides of each block to stabilize those bias edges. DJ better be at the ready with the vacuum.


And here is how the honey and biscuit block is coming----slowly. There is a lot of stitching detail in these blocks! Link to Bee Tree Designs line drawings on Flickr HERE . You will have to click on ea image thumbnail and then click on the "view all sizes" button up in the upper right of the page to download them. I can't remember if I downloaded and printed the medium or large image but whatever it is fits on the fabric with plenty of trim room.

And sew it goes----better get busy on today's plans and think about what comes next as I finish up THIS top. (Machine quilting, probably)

1 comment:

  1. Those greenwork blocks may have a lot of stitching in them, but they are worth it--they are turning out wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. If you comment will require a reply back, please include your email addy. Unless I am involved in a blog hop, my posts will be moderated and your comment will not appear until I am notified. THX for understanding--this option beats word verification!