Jan 27, 2013

Sunday check-in

By golly I think she's got it! Using a kit for what was supposed to be a messenger bag, I turned this pre-quilted fabric into the needle roll I needed.     I just finished the hand finishing on the binding a few minutes ago and was in the process of figuring out where to put the self tie.  I was following the format of the little sewing accessory that Betsy and Pat made for each of us in the quilt group some years back.  Actually Betsy was making them for two other quilt groups so I said to just give me the material and I would bind it and finish up, LOL.  See how accommodating I can be?






Here it is with the double point needles loaded in their pockets.  I decided NOT to label them as I can count over number wise from the left, the needles are marked and I can see at a glance what is missing. Should I change my mind, I still have light colored fabric that would hold up to the marking/stenciling.  My mom told me to use the machine embroidery numbering system and she would tell you that I was not too crazy about THAT idea.  Just because I could does not mean I am crazy enough to WANT to, LOL.    That interior fabric would not have been my choice even though I gravitate to purples.  IIWII.



And here we have it all packed up and rolled up.  Woohoo!  Hooray for a finish.




So next I think I will print off some foundation piecing papers for the heart block for guild although I am going to do a variation of that block.   These are to finish at 4 inches 10 of them and spacers.  

Meanwhile I start prepping for the 2nd eye surgery putting drops in BOTH eyes essentially.  DJ and I were happy to learn that we won't have to report till 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday rather than the 6 a.m. the office had said.  Assume 6 unless they call to tell you otherwise, was the caveat.   My eye doctor was featured in the local paper yesterday but I don't know if you will be able to open the article.  Try THIS link. 

I had told him about my attempts to do my quilt piecing, embroidery but I had not tried quilting or cutting out any quilts at that point.  I mentioned that I was returning from my guild meeting on the way home too---and how many quilts we had made since 2000. (about 1500 some quilts).  He said he was humbled by that BUT here is a man who is giving back to HIS community too.   DJ and I really like him!

And sew it goes----------


1 comment:

  1. I love your needle roll! You did a great job as usual. Love the color, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. If you comment will require a reply back, please include your email addy. Unless I am involved in a blog hop, my posts will be moderated and your comment will not appear until I am notified. THX for understanding--this option beats word verification!