Dec 10, 2013

finished to flimsy #2

After leisurely sewing for the last 4 days I finish the pro bono top and finished up my afternoon by prepping the backing fabric and binding.  Not pressed, nor is the other tops but I'm done.

Pattern source:  Billie Lauder's Uneven Nine Patch from More Quick Quiilt Tricks.  Quick?  Maybe not so much but I started with 5 inch squares, not sections I could strip piece.   I have always wanted to try the "Battlefield" block from the same book which starts with 10,5 inch squares.  Maybe one day, I will. when some fabric comes along that seems suited to it.



 I used Judy's leftover Oriental fabrics and kitted this up with the same background print she had used in her quilt, that Lake colored Fusion from Robert Kaufmann.  She had originally made a baby quilt for a friend's long awaited grandchild .  She really likes the blended looking quilt and combines neutrals beautifully.  The way the pink pops out and makes this prints form their own motifs it looks like I blended too.  Experimenting here.




I have made alternating colored Puss in the Corner blocks before but the background stayed the same and  it was sashed and  had cornerstones.  Seen below from one of our fabric challenge reveals back in Dec 2008. Lois



Lois had done one as well but hers looks totally different than either of the ones I am showing today-----It's all in the fabric itself and the placement in the block, I guess..


Soon I will be off to Olive Garden for our Belle's Christmas lunch and then a reveal of that Mumm fabric.  One of the gals has said she would like to pin her daughter's Christmas quilt.  Normally we would not do this on party day but she needs to get it done and I'll help.  Also I want to get pictures taken of the donation quilts Lois has ready to turn in.  Spare the husband the holding them up and complaints that his shoulder hurts.   If they look suitable for teens 12-17 then they are going to go to Gene's Angel Quilt project.  I just need to get them logged in the quilt document, number assigned and the pics taken.  If he is available, I hope to drop them off on the way home as I would be going right past where he works on the way.

DJ's surgery is coming up on Thursday and I do have some handwork to prep before then so that is next up.  That and a holiday pillowcase for that recent tree skirt and maybe a few quick bags for quilt entries while the serger is out.  Never stops here for long, LOL.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you comment will require a reply back, please include your email addy. Unless I am involved in a blog hop, my posts will be moderated and your comment will not appear until I am notified. THX for understanding--this option beats word verification!