May 18, 2016

oops but fixed

I had the top of half of the Charming Boxes all done by 3 pm Tuesday.  Rows 5 and 6 were assembled and joined.  Row 7 was done and waiting for Row 8 to be assembled.

Then I saw this-----I cropped a previous picture to show you how close in colors these two blocks were but I didn't see it till they were all sewn together.




So this afternoon---wouldn't you know this was a block with short seam allowances that I had not only double stitched but zig-zagged.  The seam allowances did not stand up to the overcasting but it was one that I had made.  Fabric a bit stretchy and ravel-y so I didn't try to selvage it.  Good-bye!  After debating about borrowing from row 8 or switching something around in the top row, I made another block using a newly acquired background fabric from our trip to the quilt shop last week.  The one next to it did re-locate.  LOL after I said nothing was going anywhere else!!  Famous last words, right?


Repair work done, Row 8  was finished up.  That just left a few more joining seams to do and the top is done. Woohoo!



Next up, Aline's D9P but probably not today.  I need to wind a ton of bobbins and clean out the machine.  I am sure it is a linty mess after using so many pre-cuts!  Besides, it is time for supper, whatever that is going to be.






6 comments:

  1. Woohoo!! - Good save, Linda!! - And now we know why those last words are famous - haha - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had to take out a block like that - I don't like to do it, but I would rather do that than have to attempt a repair after the quilt is quilted and washed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO say it ain't so... it woulda been fine... such a perfectionist, love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both of your Charming Boxes. But I think I like this version with a variety of contrasting fabrics slightly better than the version with the consistent white.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm here through the back door -- your comment on Gene's blog. How neat to discover that Alabama friends are both into so many colors! Lovely in spite of the issues you had.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charming Boxes is a lovely quilt. Thank you for the "fixed" eye candy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. If you comment will require a reply back, please include your email addy. Unless I am involved in a blog hop, my posts will be moderated and your comment will not appear until I am notified. THX for understanding--this option beats word verification!